There’s nothing quite like pottering around a marketplace, taking in the sights and smells and discovering that special something. Today we’re taking a look at the market days for Lowestoft and the surrounding area, so you can be sure you don’t miss out on that bargain of a lifetime.
Britten Centre Market is a small but lively market square nestled between the shopping centre and the library, just off Gordon Road. The market sells an eclectic range of clothes, mobile phone accessories, fruit and veg, and, of course, plenty of fresh locally caught fish.
As well as the Britten Centre Market, there is the Triangle Market, which takes place, unsurprisingly, at the Triangle Market at the north end of the High Street. The Triangle is the place to find fantastic fish, tasty street food and bargain clothing, and is a chance to explore one of Lowestoft’s most historic quarters. The Triangle Market in Lowestoft runs on Tuesdays Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00am.
As well as the markets, Lowestoft is also a great place to visit if you enjoy a car boot sale. With two regular car boot meetings in and around Lowestoft, there’s plenty of opportunity to snag a bargain.
The Lowestoft Sea Front Car Boot is a great place to catch a bargain while also enjoying the beautiful sights of the Sunrise Coast. Located on Rectory Road, it’s held for six Saturdays a year, between May and June. The Kessingland Car Boot is a couple of miles south of Lowestoft town, in a charming clifftop setting on Whites Lane. Sales are held every Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday from 7am onwards. Please note that there is a 50p entry fee per person.
If you’re market-mad and this isn’t enough for you, nearby Beccles has a variety of popular market days where the focus is on local produce. Friday is a double market day in Beccles, with both the Friday Market and Country Market in town. The Beccles Country Market features some of the region’s best produce and crafts, all located at the delightful Quaker Hall on Smallgate.
Your Lowestoft Market Calendar:
- Britten Centre Market – Britten Centre, Lowestoft, NR33 – 8:30am to 4:00pm Tuesday to Saturday. Pay and Display parking for the Britten Centre market is available within the main Britten Centre car park.
- Triangle Market – Triangle Market, High Street, NR33 – 10:00 onwards on Tuesdays Fridays and Saturdays
- Beccles Country Market – Quaker Meeting House, 15 Smallgate, NR34 9AB – Fridays from 9:30am – 11:00am (closed for two weeks after Christmas)
- Beccles Friday Market – Town Centre, Beccles, NR34 9HD – Every Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Beccles Farmers Market – Beccles Heliport, NR34 7UH – First and Third Saturday of every month from 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Lowestoft Sea Front Car Boot – Essex and Suffolk Water, Rectory Road, NR33 0DA – held for 6 saturdays between May and June from 8am
- Kessingland Car Boot – Whites Lane, NR33 7TF – Every Sunday from February to December from 7:00am