Enjoy an afternoon in the wonderful Fen Park in Kirkley, Lowestoft
There is no nicer park in Kirkley, kids can play on the playground equipment and people can view a host of wildlife. Fen park has a history dating back to the early 1900’s. In the 1930’s the land was bought by a Mr Powell of the Lion Press, Lorne Park Road, Lowestoft. He developed the area into a boating lake and also had a menagerie, whioch was very popular at the time. Nowadays Fen Park is looked after by the a hardworking group, who go by the name of Fen Park Friends.
The Fen Park Friends Mission Statement
Fen Park Friends aim is to campaign for and promote Fen Park; to meet the needs of people of all ages and abilities, through consultation, to enjoy the recreational and natural environment the park has to offer.
- The group will ensure that the park develops to meet the needs of the local community.
- To help provide a safe environment for all users of the park.
- The group will apply for funding towards continuous improvement and enhancement projects on the park
- The groups aim is to ensure that whilst provision is being made for recreational activities the needs of wildlife and their habitats are met.
- By working in partnership with local people, schools, voluntary, community and statutory organisations and agencies we can achieve more.
Fen Park Contact Information:
Telephone Number 01502 567858
Website: Fen Park
View all Activities in Lowestoft, Suffolk Here